can't wait for the upcoming storm chasing season

Ask weather questions, post your latest forecast, talk about anything related to the weather.
burr28514
Regular User

can't wait for the upcoming storm chasing season

Post by burr28514 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:43 pm

I'm getting very anxious on the upcoming 2006 severe weather season, can't wait to get out and chase over northcentral/central Minnesota and northwestern wisconsin. I actually went out for a short drive last Wednesday to the Fond du lac area just to see a weak thunderstorm, i figured it would weaken by the time it reached the Duluth city proper area and sure enough it did. It's been a very active severe weather season thus far over the central plains states, just hoping this action shifts northward with time into my area, i have a feeling it's going to be a fairly active storm season up here, i'm just amazed by all the early season heat over the southern plains and with time i'm hoping this heat builds north into the central/northern plains region as we progress into May and June. So anyone reading this that live in Minnesota, what do you think about the upcoming severe weather season? BRRRRRRRR a chilly 40 degrees with 30-40 mph east winds here in Duluth Minnesota Tonight while some severe hailers are lifting north across western, central, and southcentral minnesota..and to top it all of, a blizzard is raging over the western Dakotas, while supercells explode now over portions of Missouri, looks like that mod. risk the SPC had out for Today for Missouri could come to frutation.

This website is very cool, just wanted to throw that into the mix. Can't wait to download the F5 viewer forecasting maps. Hopefully i'll be able to download it by May or June???
Andrew Revering
Site Admin

Post by Andrew Revering » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:49 pm

Welcome to the forum... Yeah I'm not sure about the long range forecasts. everyone likes to speculate but I have no opinions. However, the buzz is that the drought in the south might make things better up here... I'm not sure the logic behind that, but that's what some are saying.
Andrew Revering
F5Weather
http://www.f5wx.com/
burr28514
Regular User

re

Post by burr28514 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:03 am

Hey thanks for welcoming me to the forum, this is awesome, i'll be sure to write in the forum quite often. Thanks

Yea i'm not a meteorologist or anything, so i wouldn't know too much about how the hot weather down south could impact the severe weather season up here in Minnesota, but i would kinda think that if the heat stays in place over the southern plains, then a ridge/capping conditions should build down there, and then storms would tend to follow this ridge.. (maybe a ring of fire type situation)??, and i guess if this ridge/heat bubble expands far enough to the north and gets close to Minnesota, then i would think that the northern plains/upper midwest states would see an increase in thunderstorm/severe weather activity as we move into May and deeper into the summer months. But once again who knows what will happen.