3/30-31/08 Forecast: TX/OK

Ask weather questions, post your latest forecast, talk about anything related to the weather.
Steve Miller
Moderate User

3/30-31/08 Forecast: TX/OK

Post by Steve Miller » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:30 pm

Well, we have a great system to try out the new F5 on... Looks like Sunday could get quite interesting. I added the 31st in the topic title and it appears to be a much more widespread event than Sunday so feel free to add states to the topic line at will.
I'm really impressed with what the models are presenting. Rather than go in to a lot of specifics right now, I would rather ask a question and let a couple more runs pass by:
Is there any way to overlap a NAM run on a GFS run in F5? I might be missing something and just not getting it to work. That would be cool though for placement purposes since selecting a favored model is difficult this year.
Steve Miller
Moore, OK
WX5RFD
www.HamWx.com
Andrew Revering
Site Admin

Post by Andrew Revering » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:17 pm

At this point you can't overlay one model on top of another, no. The best you can do is just flipping back and fourth between models to compare, or load some maps, save them as images, and then load the other model, save them as images, and flip through the images in a picture viewer.

*shrug*
Andrew Revering
F5Weather
http://www.f5wx.com/
Andrew Revering
Site Admin

Post by Andrew Revering » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:14 pm

This looks to me like a major tornado outbreak still waiting to happen for much of Texas and Oklahoma. Right now I'm most interested in initiation near and west of Dallas, TX. but I think much of both states are going to be raked with severe weather on Sunday. It should be quite interesting.
Andrew Revering
F5Weather
http://www.f5wx.com/
Steve Miller
Moderate User

Post by Steve Miller » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:23 pm

I'm dealing with switching to a new laptop tonight so I really haven't looked at much other than the APR Torn Composite.
I was interested to see the NAM has really amplified and is placing the activity further north to around west central OK now. The GFS is really hugging that Dallas up to the Red River area.
I'm really interested to see how things turn out - Monday looks good too from I-35 East...

No doubt I'll be chasing both days.
Steve Miller
Moore, OK
WX5RFD
www.HamWx.com