Severe Potential for 4/24/07

Ask weather questions, post your latest forecast, talk about anything related to the weather.
Steve Miller
Moderate User

Severe Potential for 4/24/07

Post by Steve Miller » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:04 am

I haven't noticed much activity here in a while so I thought I would see if anyone wants to participate in a forecast thread for 4/24/07.
Looking at the combo maps, I think this is the first time I have ever seen the Craven Sig Svr and Sig Torn exactly match the APRWX Severe and Tornado indexes. Could this be a sign? :)
I'll wait until closer to the event to post specific data to support a given target - as of right now though, it looks to be a good bet that somewhere around the Cushing, OK area would be a fine place to be on Tuesday evening. Of course this is 66 hrs out...
Steve Miller
Moore, OK
WX5RFD
www.HamWx.com
Andrew Revering
Site Admin

Post by Andrew Revering » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:14 am

Considering the latest model runs, and looking at a few differnet models, I think Hutchinson, KS would be a good place, but perhaps early. So much dynamics makes this look like it may be an early show, and then racing off to the northeast into Northeast Kansas.

I'm sure that there will be widespread severe, well into Oklahoma, but I'm one that likes to play the odds and go where I think the best hotspot will be. In my opinion, I don't think there will be much harm in going 'too far' north. Where the warm front gets involved with the low may be a great place to be.

I've been watching this a couple days now and am already starting to make plans/consider making the trek down from Minnesota.
Andrew Revering
F5Weather
http://www.f5wx.com/