Email UsConvective Development, Inc.
P.O. Box 511
Cambridge, MN 55008 USA
Chat with us by clicking the 'live chat' button on the edge of the site.
Privacy, Data, & Email Statement Convective Development, Inc. highly respects your privacy and work to ensure that your personal information is never shared with anyone beyond who you intend it to be shared with. Because of this Convective Development, Inc. has some very simple standards that we have set for ourselves that pertain to all pages on our product domains and in all email sent to and from our domains. Our domains include, but are not limited to:
Those standards are as follows.
- All correspondence with staff members is personal and is not shared with anyone outside of our company.
- Your name, email address, phone number, address, and other personal information is not shared or sold to anyone outside of our company. It is used only for contact purposes regarding your accounts you may have with us, or to deliver timely weather notifications you have opted-in to.
- If personal information is given to us for an account purpose, we will not contact you through any method other than email unless email contact is failing.
- We reserve the right to email you offers on our products only, and will promptly remove you from our marketing lists if you contact us or click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our messages.
Important information about your data:
- This site uses 2,048 bit Secure Sockets Layer encryption, so your data is secured during transmission. Passwords are also encrypted in our databases.
- This information is required to create accounts so you can log in and view maps. If you do not provide this information, we are unable to create an account that we can authorize services to.
- By filling out user account forms in their entirety, you are giving explicit consent to store this information so we can carry out the service to you.
- This data is only used to create your account, so we can identify you as a user that we can activate or deactivate service for, and allow you to log in and access your paid services.
- Email addresses may be used by us to contact you for various reasons regarding: your account, disruptions in service, payment & billing information, support, newsletters, forecasts, and to provide updates and offers on services. You may unsubscribe from any emails from us at any time and we will immediately remove you from our lists.
- Your personal data will not be shared with anyone other than our emailing service 'GetResponse', which we use to handle our emailing services.
- We will not transfer your data to a third country or international organization.
- This data is kept indefinately so we can track previous account usage. For example, so we know you've used the service before and therefore would not get another free trial.
- You have the right to access, update, erase, withdraw consent or stop us from processing your data. Simply contact us with your requests.
- We are: Convective Development, Inc. PO Box 511, Cambridge, MN 55008 USA
Current Northern Lights Status
We want all 3 points in our numbered list below to be in a red font in order to assume there are good visible auroras occuring right now (in MN).
Bz & Solar Wind update every minute. Kp updates every 5 minutes, forecasts every 15 minutes. Hit Refresh for updated data.
Current Northern Lights Conditions:
- Kp: 0 [want 5+ in MN. See map]
- Bz: 1.7 nT [want < -3]
- Solar Wind: 349.9 km s-1 [want > 550]
- Infrared Satellite
- Current Moon Phase
Short term Kp Forecast**:
- Kp at Z is expected to be
--- 4 Hour Forecast --- Click for Planetary K Index Click for Latest Image
** The Wing Kp Geomag Activity Index updates every 15 minutes with a short term forecast which is useful for determining what the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) activity may be like over the next hour or so. It is also useful to anticipate a short term trend in activity from whatever it is currently at. This data is prepared by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, NOAA & Space Weather Prediction Center. However, I did take the liberty to skew the forecast numbers by initializing off the latest observation when the observation and first forecast a few minutes away don't match up. So only the forecasted trend is utilized and applied to the latest observation. This method seems more accurate.